In a previous article, we discussed the different integration capabilities of Caspio. One way to easily bring data in and out of your Caspio account is using the Import and Export Wizards. You can import data into your Caspio account in several formats such as Microsoft Excel, CSV, TXT, Access, and XML files. The imported data can be used to append or replace tables, or selectively only update the records that changed. Similarly, data export support multiple popular formats.
However, if you regularly import or export data, performing these tasks manually could be very time consuming.
Fortunately, you can automate the process using Caspio DataHub. Available in Professional plans and higher, DataHub gives you the ability to schedule import/export tasks between your account and various storage repositories, including:
- A website accessed through HTTP or HTTPS.
- An FTP server accessed through FTP, FTPS, or SFTP protocols.
- A remote server that offers secure copy through the SCP protocol.
- A cloud drive service such as Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Box.
- Email attachment to one or more addresses (for data export by email).
With DataHub, you can move data between your Caspio account and other databases on a custom schedule that you define (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.). The new data will be immediately available in your applications.