About fifty-six years ago, on May 25, 1961, President John F. Kennedy set a goal: Put a man on the moon and return him safely to Earth before the end of the 1960s. What happened next after JFK’s announcement?
JFK’s call for human exploration of the moon turned NASA’s spaceflight efforts toward the goal of a lunar landing. What many thought as an impossible goal was achieved eight years later on July 20, 1969, when Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon’s surface.
In the case of NASA engineers, they needed to accomplish many other sub-goals prior to succeeding in the lunar landing mission. Some of the sub-goals included the conversion from analog to digital telemetry and the modification of network stations for uplink and downlink communication.
When setting a goal – be it in a political, corporate, or personal setup – aligning and tracking goals are critical for success. Even more important, a study by Gail Matthews of Dominican University shows empirical evidence that writing one’s goal enhances goal achievement. The study also confirms that those who sent progress reports had accomplished significantly more than those who have not.
To help you set and monitor the progress of your goals and your team’s goals, Caspio recently released a new Goal Tracker app template. Managers can assign and track goals of every team member, while employees can add and view their progress – all in an interactive dashboard. It is free with any Caspio account to use “as is” or it can be customized based on your exact requirements.
- Search, add, assign, and monitor goals of each employee
- Seamlessly embed the app on any website, CMS system, or intranet
- Supports unlimited users and goals
The app template can be further extended with more functionality:
- Customize the application’s interfaces and workflows based on your business processes
- Integrate Caspio’s single sign-on capabilities with your internal corporate directory
- Enable automatic emails whenever new goals are assigned or completed
- Add charts to show progress of each team member