In a few weeks, Microsoft will completely shut down all remaining web applications and online databases created using Microsoft Access, including Access-based applications and databases on their Office 365 and SharePoint Online cloud service platforms. The good news is that it’s easy to migrate your databases to Caspio.
For more than 25 years, Microsoft Access has been a popular application among organizations for internal database projects. However, the emergence of cloud computing eventually paved the way for low-code application development. Today, low-code platforms like Caspio are set to overtake Access’ position in the fields of enterprise business processing and database management.
Designed with Microsoft Access users in mind, Caspio’s online database platform makes it easy to publish an MS Access database to an online database in a matter of minutes. Here’s a quick guide:
- Save your database in the default MS Access file format.
- Login to your Caspio account.
- In the Dashboard, click “New App.”
- Click “Start by Importing Data.”
- Click on your Access file and rename your database.
- Once uploaded, feel free to edit and modify the information in your database.
- When importing is done, you’ll be able to quickly and easily recreate your Access applications or even build new ones.
To help you out, our friendly Technical Evangelist Ned Pajić created a helpful video that will walk you through the process:
Once your application is deployed using Caspio, you are now able to update and enhance it according to your needs. Caspio makes it easy for users to pick up where they left off from other database applications, so there’s no reason to worry about losing your vital data from the cloud. Our low-code development platform is extensible enough to easily integrate with legacy systems as well as other cloud-based applications and platforms. It’s that simple!
Don’t have a Caspio account yet? What are you waiting for? Sign up for a free trial and publish your Microsoft Access database online today.