Earlier this year, Motorola was sued by its customers for $5 million due to a warranty management issue. One simple takeaway from this lawsuit is that both vendors and consumers are responsible for reviewing warranty information before selling or buying a product.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission recommends that consumers check their warranty documents for the expiration date, scope of repair, coverage, and limitations, and service contact information.
Warranty management is especially vital for companies, retail stores, and service centers that purchase and manage a significant number of products. Caspio recently released a Simple Warranty Management App to help consumers and companies track the status of product warranty information using one online database.
- Track purchase details and warranty expiration dates.
- Attach files of digitalized receipts for safekeeping.
- Seamlessly embed the app on any website or intranet.
- Supports unlimited users and thousands of products.
- Free to use in any account, including Caspio’s free online database.
You can request this template for free with any Caspio account to use “as is” or customize based on your exact requirements. To get started, sign up for a free trial and request the app to be loaded into your account.
You can also schedule a one-on-one demo with one of our application experts.