If you play a role in ordering products at your company, you may be tasked with reviewing purchase orders, maintaining inventory levels, and negotiating with vendors. Sounds simple enough, but it can quickly become time-consuming as the number of orders increases.
Despite the prevalence of web applications, today many companies are still using Microsoft Excel or perhaps even paper printouts for their order management process. Although easy-to-use, Excel imposes its own risks and tends to slow down employee productivity in the long run.
A popular alternative is to implement an online order management application and start reaping some immediate benefits:
- Eliminate inefficient manual processes
- Provide a database-driven list of available products from negotiated vendors
- Notify staff of requests and latest status in real time
- Reduce time spent processing requests
- Maintain a clear history of all order details in a centralized location
Caspio recently released a Simple Order Management Application to help automate your order management process online. The app includes two separate interfaces for managers and staff, and can be seamlessly embedded on any website, intranet, or CMS system.
- Supports unlimited managers and staff, each with their own login.
- Store unlimited product items and orders.
- Add new product items and update existing items easily.
- Keep everyone informed with automatic email alerts whenever an order status is changed.
You can request this free app template with any Caspio account to use “as is” or customize based on your exact requirements.