Parameters are a flexible way for you to strengthen, customize and extend your Caspio Bridge applications. Even if you have never used parameters before, or aren’t familiar with what they are, this week’s Tech Tip will make it easy for you to get started.
Parameters are values that can be passed between DataPages, basically enabling two or more DataPages “talk” to each other. They can be used in form fields, searches, and in HTML blocks. Some of the more popular uses for parameters are:
- Displaying personalized messages to each logged-in user
- Pre-populating web form fields to avoid unnecessary data re-entry
- Controlling the page layout in more detail
- Communicating with other Caspio and non-Caspio apps
This week’s Tech Tip on parameters, Create a Customized Message, shows you how to display a personalized message to each of your users after they’ve logged in.
This exercise is an easy first step into the world of using parameters.
- - How to Create a Database from Excel (Part 1: Import Spreadsheet)
- - Need Structured Data in Your CMS? Embed Caspio’s Cloud Database
- - Announcing Caspio Global Sites for Better Performance and Compliance
- - Form To Excel – Three ways to get web form data into Excel
- - Convert Microsoft Excel to a Web Database
TagsAmazon app templates awards BYOD Caspio Cloud Cloud Apps cloud computing cloud database community customers database reports data sets election Excel extensions facebook government how-to iPad iPhone Map Mashup media mobile mobile apps MS Access MS Excel News non-profit online database paas plugins ready-made applications ready-to-publish database roadmap searchable database search applications security Services usability web applications web apps web design web forms widgets