Localization isn’t just about different languages. This week’s Tech Tip shows you how to customize your web application localization to ensure a more positive user experience.
Caspio’s localization wizard allows you to uniquely tailor how your web applications communicate with your end users. In addition to regional settings for numeric, currency and date formats, the default messages can be easily customized using plain text or HTML.
Not only can you change the message wording, but you can also add graphics and links to improve your overall application usability.
- Offer next steps like “Search Again” or “New Record” when no records are found.
- Avoid “dead-ends” – any page that forces the user to press the Back button.
- Enhance the overall user experience with buttons and graphics.
The Tech Tip provides sample code snippets to help you customize your application localization.
Start localizing your web applications today:
Tech Tip: Customize Localizations to Improve Usability
- - How to Create a Database from Excel (Part 1: Import Spreadsheet)
- - Form To Excel – Three ways to get web form data into Excel
- - Announcing Caspio Global Sites for Better Performance and Compliance
- - Need Structured Data in Your CMS? Embed Caspio’s Cloud Database
- - Convert Microsoft Excel to a Web Database
TagsAmazon app templates awards BYOD Caspio Cloud Cloud Apps cloud computing cloud database community customers database reports data sets election Excel extensions facebook government how-to iPad iPhone Map Mashup media mobile mobile apps MS Access MS Excel News non-profit online database paas plugins ready-made applications ready-to-publish database roadmap searchable database search applications security Services usability web applications web apps web design web forms widgets