No matter what type of business you are in, chances are that you email Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for one reason or another. Why do so many people send Excel files around, only to create email clutter and versioning chaos for everyone involved?
For many, it boils down to good old fashioned ROI. Perhaps you previously attempted to build a database application and the process was just too complex and time-consuming. Or perhaps you never found a fast-to-deploy tool that can effectively replace the speed and convenience of Excel.
Caspio was specifically designed for business users looking to quickly create a database without having to worry about the technical complexities of coding, security or hosting. It automatically generates a web database for you when each Excel worksheet is imported. From there, you can “point-and-click” to create various application interfaces for users to search, view and edit data based on permissions that you control. You can easily embed the application on any public or internal website so all your users have access to the latest information in real-time.
In this blog series, we will show you how to create a database from your Excel spreadsheets, build an interactive web application, and deploy it online in a matter of minutes.
Part 1: Import Your Excel Spreadsheet
Make sure to watch the next steps in this video series:
- Part 2: Build Web Application – Build app interfaces for searching and visualizing data.
- Part 3: Embed Application on Any Site – Deploy to your own public or internal website.
When you are finished watching the videos, feel free try Caspio for yourself in a free trial.
- - How to Create a Database from Excel (Part 1: Import Spreadsheet)
- - Need Structured Data in Your CMS? Embed Caspio’s Cloud Database
- - Announcing Caspio Global Sites for Better Performance and Compliance
- - Form To Excel – Three ways to get web form data into Excel
- - Convert Microsoft Excel to a Web Database
TagsAmazon app templates awards BYOD Caspio Cloud Cloud Apps cloud computing cloud database community customers database reports data sets election Excel extensions facebook government how-to iPad iPhone Map Mashup media mobile mobile apps MS Access MS Excel News non-profit online database paas plugins ready-made applications ready-to-publish database roadmap searchable database search applications security Services usability web applications web apps web design web forms widgets