We are excited to announce the immediate availability of Caspio’s new service, High Usage FileStor.
This add-on service is designed to provide additional flexibility for files in your apps. When a file is uploaded to your designated database via a web form, the file is immediately transferred to our cloud file storage service. A new URL to the file is inserted in the field in your database table so the file is available for your application to display, download, update or replace.
- Significant reduction in your account data transfer. Downloading or utilizing the files from the FileStor are essentially free and are not counted against your package data transfer usage.
- Reduced storage requirement. While we recommend keeping the original copy of the file in your database, you can choose to have it deleted from the table once transferred to the FileStor to free up your account storage space.
- Performance improvement of file-heavy apps. Since files and images are transferred directly from the cloud file space rather than from the database table, they load faster.
Reasons for not using this service:
High Usage FileStor is a web space that is publically accessible. In theory, all files on this space are available for anyone to see, bookmark and share. While we give you options to make these files hard to reach, you must assume that they are accessible to everyone. Use this service for non-sensitive files, such as photos of real estate listings, car listings, public records, some user generated content, etc.
This service is an optional add-on and may be enabled for any package by a Caspio Support Engineer. We will need specific information in order to customize this service for your app. Learn more about setup and pricing in our Extensions Library.
Ask a product expert by replying below.
- - How to Create a Database from Excel (Part 1: Import Spreadsheet)
- - Form To Excel – Three ways to get web form data into Excel
- - Announcing Caspio Global Sites for Better Performance and Compliance
- - Need Structured Data in Your CMS? Embed Caspio’s Cloud Database
- - Convert Microsoft Excel to a Web Database
TagsAmazon app templates awards BYOD Caspio Cloud Cloud Apps cloud computing cloud database community customers database reports data sets election Excel extensions facebook government how-to iPad iPhone Map Mashup media mobile mobile apps MS Access MS Excel News non-profit online database paas plugins ready-made applications ready-to-publish database roadmap searchable database search applications security Services usability web applications web apps web design web forms widgets