With 15 years’ sales experience in the film and music distribution industry, Chris Callahan had observed that a high number of independent film and record labels lacked any international distribution despite an apparent market. In 2012, he decided to seize the opportunity and start his own company to bridge this gap. Planetworks Enterprises, a global distributor of independent film and record labels, was born without any outside financing. In fact, one of Callahan’s first clients was his former employer.
Running the day-to-day sales and operation was not an issue for Callahan, but without any IT staff, he needed to find a way to put his product catalog and pricing online. His catalog was particularly complex because, due to licensing requirements, not every item is available in every market and pricing for the same item varies from one market to another.
“What we really needed was a database-driven catalog that could automatically publish the available products for each market,” said Callahan. After searching the web for few days and evaluating several options, he found Caspio. The online database and application-building capabilities particularly caught Callahan’s eye.
“Within 10 minutes of signing up, I had our product catalog uploaded into Caspio. I knew this was exactly what I was looking for, and the timing couldn’t have been better since we had just signed a big client,” Callahan said.
Using Caspio’s point-and-click wizards, Callahan created the entire customer-facing catalog and backend management application himself. “Caspio helps us do what we do best, and that’s sales and marketing. Our customers find what they want, when they want it, along with very specific data they need in order to make their buying decision.”
“Caspio’s technical support was amazing. Whenever I ran into a question, they helped me understand it and continue improving my implementation. Caspio has earned the ‘Most Favorite Vendor’ award here at Planetworks,” Callahan adds.
The Caspio team congratulates Planetworks on the successful launch of their company and we wish them great success.
- Startup Feedback911 Brings a Unique Feedback Application to Restaurants
- Lean Business Through a Custom Apps Platform
- Dow Jones Local Media Group Adopts Caspio Enterprise for Hyper-Local Data Publishing
- Create a Custom Facebook Application for Your Business
- bizjournals Partners with Caspio to Build Web Apps for Local Business Sites
- - How to Create a Database from Excel (Part 1: Import Spreadsheet)
- - Announcing Caspio Global Sites for Better Performance and Compliance
- - Form To Excel – Three ways to get web form data into Excel
- - Need Structured Data in Your CMS? Embed Caspio’s Cloud Database
- - Convert Microsoft Excel to a Web Database
TagsAmazon app templates awards BYOD Caspio Cloud Cloud Apps cloud computing cloud database community customers database reports data sets election Excel extensions facebook government how-to iPad iPhone Map Mashup media mobile mobile apps MS Access MS Excel News non-profit online database paas plugins ready-made applications ready-to-publish database roadmap searchable database search applications security Services usability web applications web apps web design web forms widgets